Online Education Applications – Considering the abundance of options, how does one go about selecting the most useful and effective learning apps? Education is just as crucial to a person’s survival as oxygen, water, and food. This has led to a frenetic pace of development and distribution for new educational apps. These days, it’s a breeze for anyone to become well-versed in a specific field thanks to online education applications. leading to a substantial increase in wealth. The global market for educational apps is expected to grow by $70.55 billion this year.
The use of mobile and online education applications has increased dramatically over the past two decades. There is no doubt that using apps designed to teach can improve student learning, that will be explained below:
- Higher engagement: Students are interested in anything fun and entertaining. They boost productivity, motivating students to keep learning.
- Personalized learning: Educational apps support students’ different learning styles and give them options for learning. They learn at their own pace, which is more independent.
- Better performance: Educational apps can help students learn. Apps can act as private tutors but are less strict and less pressuring.
- Saved resources: Apps for learning also reduce the need for materials like paper, pens, and—most importantly—teaching time.
There are a plethora of app options; how do you narrow down your options to those that are best suited to your needs? The 5 best online education applications of 2023 are as follows.
Udemy is one of the two best selling educational apps at the moment because of its extensive course catalog. Udemy, founded in 2010 by Eren Bali, Oktay Cagler, and Gagan Biyani, is going strong today.
- Udemy offers classes in over 65 different tongues.
- Including more than 1,96,000 lectures As of the year 2022, Udemy had almost 52 million users and was the most popular online education service of its kind.
- Udemy has a wide variety of courses aimed at young adults.
- The app offers a variety of educational resources, including video lessons, hands-on activities, and verified credentials.
- Udemy’s course prices are competitive with those of similar platforms.
- Khan Academy
Thanks to Khan Academy, the online education applications market is experiencing revolutionary change. The app’s business model has improved greatly because all of its content can be accessed without paying anything. Sal Khan, founder of the website, released a mobile app for his educational platform in 2008.
Considering that Khan Academy’s primary goal is to provide free education to as many people as possible, the organization does not actively pursue any particular customer demographic
- Khan Academy’s non-profit structure is its most distinctive distinguishing feature.
- To date, Khan Academy has made educational materials available in 50 different tongues.
- Over 48 million people in 190 different countries have signed up to use Khan Academy.
- Videos in the fields of the humanities, economics, and the arts can also be found on the educational platform, so it’s not just for STEM subjects.
Founded in 2012 in the United States of America by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, Coursera is a web-based online education application that connects students with lecturers.
- With its wide range of courses, Coursera aims to attract users between the ages of 18 and 55.
- A total of over 82 million people are signed up.
- More than 3500 distinct classes are available within the app.
- Coursera does not just cover the usual suspects like physics and calculus; it also covers a wide range of contemporary issues. For instance, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and programming
- Coursera features the teachings of 29 prestigious institutions from around the world.
Duolingo, an American educational app, is designed to make learning a new language easier. The program was developed by Luis von Ahn and Severin Hacker in 2011. Duolingo is a widely used app all over the world that helps people learn new languages.
- Duolingo has free programs to help people learn languages.
- Duolingo lets you learn more than 30 languages. The app uses games to teach a new language in a fun way.
- More than 500 million people around the world use Duolingo.
- The app’s subscription plan lets you use it without seeing ads.
The U.S.-based online education applications Skillshare encourages creative thinking amongst its user base. The application provides training in various fields, including the arts, commerce, efficiency, and originality. The app was established in 2010 by Michael Karnjanaprakorn and Malcolm Ong.
- Skillshare supports and encourages people to be creative. So, the people Skillshare wants to attract are those who are creative.
- About 12 million people use Skillshare as of 2022.
- The app has online classes and materials for those classes.
- The group mode of an online class is one of Skillshare’s best features.
- Students on Skillshare are known for how creatively they approach workshops, and this is also true of the students.
Due to the rise of digital technologies, more and more people are turning to educational apps as a means of education. Students would rather use a mobile app that streams classes online, illustrates concepts with animated graphics, and administers quizzes. The rise in popularity of online education applications like these has had a profound effect on the minds of today’s youth, suggesting that they will increasingly be relied upon to facilitate future education.